My Chinese Recipes – How to Make Braised Beef Ribs With White Radish
This is a Korea recipe, and I introduce it to you all as it is so delicious. This dish is very famous in Korea. I do hope you can prepare all the ingredients easily.
I always introduce this recipe to my girlfriends who have no experience in cooking at all. All of them are happy with this recipe as their boyfriends, husbands and kids love the beef ribs made by the girls, the just thought that the ribs are difficult to cook. Try it, it’s easy, just put all the ingredients together and boil!
400 g beef ribs 200 g radish 50 g carrot 6 pieces skinned chestnuts 6 pieces gingkoes 4 cloves garlic 3 pieces seedless red dates 1 table spoon roosted sesame Seasonings: 2.5 cups water 1/2 pieces water pear 5 table spoon light soy sauce 2 table spoon Japan cooking wine 2 table spoon sugar 2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Cut ribs into large pieces. Rinse, soak in water for 1-2 hours to remove the blood from bones.
2. Blanch the ribs in a large saucepan of boiling water. Rinse and drain.
3. Peel radish and carrot. Cut into large pieces.
4. Place ribs in a stewing pot. Add seasonings and bring to a boil. Turn to low heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
5. Add radish, carrot, garlic, chestnuts and red dates. Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes.
6. Uncover, add gingkoes. Simmer for another 15 minutes until liquid is reduced and ribs are tender.
7. Garnish to pot with shredded egg and roasted sesame seeds.
Best serve with rice!